- Prevents both pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS
- Effective when used correctly every time you have sex
- Easy to get and use
What it is
- A thin rubber covering that fits over the erect penis.
- Is a barrier that keeps sperm out of the vagina.
How to use
- Put a new condom onto erect penis before each sex act.
- Dispose of properly, in rubbish or latrine.
What to expect
- No side-effects.
- Can be used with other family planning methods to prevent sexually transmitted infections including HIV.
- Important to use correctly every time you have sex.
- Be careful not to tear condom when opening package or putting on.
- Partners must agree to use.
- Emergency contraceptive pills can be used if condom breaks or is not used.